Home » 2019 » October

10 months agoMan City midfielder Leroy Sane: Chelsea defeat hurts

first_imgMan City midfielder Leroy Sane: Chelsea defeat hurtsby Paul Vegas10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveManchester City midfielder Leroy Sane admits defeat last week to Chelsea “hurt”.City lost their unbeaten season run in London.”It is always kind of annoying and it hurts, to lose especially a big, important game,” Sane told Sky Sports.”We were really disappointed because even at the beginning the game looked in control and we had quite a few good chances. We didn’t find our finishing.”If you’re not awake in those games or make small mistakes then you get punished. We did that in the Chelsea game.” About the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading »

10 months agoLeeds to double their money with Samuel Saiz Getafe move

first_imgTagsTransfersAbout the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your say Leeds to double their money with Samuel Saiz Getafe moveby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveLeeds United will make a tidy sum on the departure of Samuel Saiz to Getafe.The Mirror says they will pocket over £6million from Saiz’s move to Getafe.Leeds have allowed the unsettled Saiz to return home to Spain to join Getafe on loan from January 1 with a view to making the move permanent in the summer.It is understood they will receive a loan fee of close to £500,000 plus £5.8million when the transfer becomes permanent.Saiz, 27, cost Leeds around £3million from Huesca in July 2017 and had two-and-a-half years on his current deal. last_img read more

Continue reading »

10 months agoReal Madrid captain Ramos: We’re failing in front of goal

first_imgReal Madrid captain Ramos: We’re failing in front of goalby Carlos Volcano10 months agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid captain Sergio Ramos says they must fight to stop their slide after defeat to Real Sociedad.Madrid have begun the New Year with one point from two games.Ramos said, “It upsets all of our plans. We would have liked to have got the year off to a good start, but it’s not turned out that way. We’re going through a bad spell. “The team performed well in spells but we lacked that cutting edge and luck in front of goal and had we had it, we’d be reflecting on a different result right now. We’ve been through a lot of tough times and this is another such spell. We’ve got to look at ourselves. It’s all about performing as best we can and being clinical, particularly because football is all about the results.”You go through periods in football where everything goes for you and right now nothing is going our way. Sometimes the woodwork gets in the way and at others you’re not creating the chances… We can’t blame the referee for the result, although he had a defining role, but we’ve also got to look at ourselves. “We’re going to keeping battling, but it’s difficult because Barcelona don’t usually slip up and the gap is opening up. We’re going to stick together and fight until the end. Real Madrid won’t lie down, even if we’re kicked seven times.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading »

a month agoSNAPPED! Areola upsets Real Madrid with PSG selfie

first_imgSNAPPED! Areola upsets Real Madrid with PSG selfieby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveReal Madrid goalkeeper Alphonse Areola upset fans with his actions after defeat at PSG.Real’s players are under huge pressure after this week’s 3-0 humbling at Champions League opponents PSG.On-loan from the Parisiens, Areola took snaps with some PSG players after the final whistle – actions which have upset some fans.Indeed, some members of Real management were also left unimpressed by the goalkeeper’s behaviour.Alphonse Areola joined Real Madrid C.F. on loan from PSG earlier this month.He looked a bit confused after last night’s result#PSGRMApic.twitter.com/ae0uomNQXC— TREQUARTISTA (@TheSporTalk) September 19, 2019 About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading »

a month agoNapoli captain Insigne snaps back at reporters after Cagliari defeat

first_imgNapoli captain Insigne snaps back at reporters after Cagliari defeatby Carlos Volcanoa month agoSend to a friendShare the loveNapoli captain Lorenzo Insigne snapped back at reporters after defeat to Cagliari.A late Lucas Castro header proved the winner.Sky Sport Italia pundit Giancarlo Marocchi angered Insigne when suggesting they played with the intensity of a pre-season friendly.“I find that offensive, especially from a former player, to suggest that we didn’t give our all out there,” replied Insigne.“You can criticise our results, but I will not stand for claims we gave less than 100 per cent today.” About the authorCarlos VolcanoShare the loveHave your saylast_img read more

Continue reading »

Video: Marshall Football Is Fired Up After Its Win Over Purdue

first_imgMarshall players fired up in the locker room after win over Purdue.Instagram/@fleebandzMarshall is coming off of a fantastic 13-1 2014 season, while Purdue struggled to a 3-9 record. Today’s game at Marshall was not expected to be a highlight of the opening weekend of college football, but it was the only Sunday game, and fans were treated to a pretty exciting affair. In the end, the game was bookended by two pick-sixes for Marshall’s Tiquan Lang on the first play from scrimmage and with 1:20 remaining in the fourth, and the Thundering Herd won the game 41-31. Purdue isn’t the sexiest Big Ten win a team can get, but Marshall is going to celebrate anyway, and rightfully so. The team was pretty pumped in the locker room after the game, based on this video posted by wide receiver Deon-Tay McManus. Big 10 what ain’t no pressure with them herd boyz A video posted by Blessed (@fleebandz) on Sep 6, 2015 at 4:05pm PDT Purdue was the only power conference game on the schedule for Marshall, which travels to Ohio next weekend.last_img read more

Continue reading »

Mark Ingram Made Fun Of Jemele Hill’s Looks, Called Her “Tales From The Crypt”

first_imgA New Orleans Saints helmet sitting on the field.BALTIMORE, MD – AUGUST 13: A New Orleans Saints helmet sits on the turf before the start of the Saints and Baltimore Ravens preseason game at M&T Bank Stadium on August 13, 2015 in Baltimore, Maryland. (Photo by Rob Carr/Getty Images)New Orleans Saints running back Mark Ingram crossed a line early Tuesday morning. Expect the tweet you’ll see below to get some serious play in the coming days.Monday night, ahead of the national title game between Alabama and Clemson, Ingram, a former Crimson Tide running back (and Heisman winner), was an honorary captain. When ESPN’s cameras panned to show Ingram at midfield, he appeared much smaller than current Alabama tailback Derrick Henry, leading to a number of jokes at his expense.ESPN’s Jemele Hill was one to take advantage. She joked that if the two were brothers, it’d be clear that Henry got the size and speed, while Ingram got the strong hairline. When you’re little brother gets the size and speed and all you get is a strong hairline pic.twitter.com/nLc7QnESST— Jemele Hill (@jemelehill) January 12, 2016Well, Ingram clearly wasn’t thrilled. He responded, telling Hill that she looks like “Tales From The Crypt.” He also said that she wears a lace front. Serious escalation, to say the least.@DaBlueprint357 @jemelehill oh u talkin bout tales from the cript lookin shawty w the lace front?!— Mark Ingram II (@MarkIngram22) January 12, 2016Probably not the best PR move. We’ll see if there is any fallout.[The Big Lead]last_img read more

Continue reading »

Stam: Book controversy an excuse for Man Utd to sell me

first_imgFormer Manchester United defender Jaap Stam says that the controversy surrounding the release of his book Head-to-Head gave the club a convenient excuse to move him on from Old Trafford.The Dutchman enjoyed a prolific three-year stint under Sir Alex Ferguson at the Red Devils between 1998 and 2001, where he won three Premier League titles, the FA Cup and the Champions League.However, he exited England for Lazio in the wake of media controversy that implied his manager had “tapped” him up and approached him without permission from then-club PSV Eindhoven when attempting to sign him. Article continues below Editors’ Picks ‘There is no creativity’ – Can Solskjaer get Man Utd scoring freely again? ‘Everyone legged it on to the pitch!’ – How Foden went from Man City superfan to future superstar Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Speaking to the Sky Sports Transfer Talk podcast, the 46-year-old, who is currently in charge of Eredivisie outfit PEC Zwolle, says that it simply presented an opportune moment to sell him following the arrival of several expensive stars.“At the time they [United] used it,” Stam stated. “It was hard from out of the blue to say ‘okay we’re going to sell Jaap’ without any reason.“It was quite convenient maybe that the book was there at that time. I think it is better to just be straightforward in how it is.”The defender admitted that he did not expect to be shown the exit at the club, for whom he had recently signed a five-year deal, stating that the club felt they were on the way to invincibility.“We kept on winning, we knew teams were getting afraid of us,” says Stam. “You have the feeling that you’re becoming unbeatable.“You don’t think about leaving, basically.”The big-money acquisitions of Ruud van Nistelrooy and Juan Sebastian Veron among others however saw a need to balance the financial books, with controversy associated with Head-to-Head ultimately paving the way for Stam’s exit.The former AC Milan star stated that he did not expect the backlash and that he felt the media misrepresented what he described as an insight into life at United rather than an autobiography.“I was completely shocked as to how it was put in the papers, because it was not how it was in the book,” he added.“Fergie was very open, we just had a conversation and he expressed his feelings about me as a player basically.“He told me not to worry about it, that he’d had the same with his own book.”The damage was done with a serialisation in a leading newspaper while Stam was on international duty however and the club subsequently agreed to sell him to Lazio.“Everyone at United knew how I was as a person, how I am as a person,” he said.“I was never going to be on the bench for half a season and wait and wait for my opportunity again.“I would have played eventually, I know that. But at the time, how everything went, the relationship was not how it was and I made my decision to move on.” Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Continue reading »

Everton sign midfielder Gbamin from Mainz 05

first_imgEverton have signed midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin from Mainz for £25million ($30.4m)The Toffees have tied the 23-year-old defensive midfielder down to a five-year contract that expires at the end of June 2024.Ivory Coast international Gbamin is seen as a replacement for Idrissa Gueye who moved to Paris Saint-Germain earlier this week for £30million ($36.5m). Article continues below Editors’ Picks Emery out of jail – for now – as brilliant Pepe papers over Arsenal’s cracks What is Manchester United’s ownership situation and how would Kevin Glazer’s sale of shares affect the club? Ox-rated! Dream night in Genk for Liverpool ace after injury nightmare Messi a man for all Champions League seasons – but will this really be Barcelona’s? “It’s a big moment with a lot of emotion and now it’s on me to prove on the pitch why they bought me,” Gbamin told  Everton’s official website . “I’m excited because Everton is a great club here in England with a big history and ambition so I didn’t think for more than a moment – I wanted to come here.”Gbamin, who played for Lens for three seasons before spending the equal amount of time at Mainz, hopes that his style of play will excite his new supporters.“I like to go in the duels,” he said.”I like to run a lot and tackle. I also pass good and have a good transition. “All the rest, the fans will see. I will give everything on the pitch.”Although neither Everton or Mainz have declared the fee, it is reported that the deal could rise to £27.5m ($33.5m).Goodison Park boss Marco Silva was keen to strengthen his midfield ahead of the Premier League season, with Gueye’s move to the French champions likely to be a big miss.It is hoped that Gbamin can fill that void and Silva is excited by his latest recruit. He said: “Jean-Philippe is a player who has developed really well during the last three seasons and achieved a very good level of performance playing in a high level competition like the Bundesliga.“He is ready for this challenge – to come and help us to keep getting better. “He is full of ambition to play for Everton, fits with our model and he will give us different solutions in our midfield..”Gbamin is Everton’s fourth signing of the summer, having also landed Andre Gomes on a permanent deal from Barcelona and Fabian Delph from Manchester City. Jonas Lossl has also arrived from Huddersfield Town and will be a backup for Jordan Pickford in goal.The Merseyside club are also poised to announce the signing of Moise Kean from Juventus.Aged just 19, the exciting attacker is regarded as one of the most-talented teenagers in the game and it will be seen as a major coup when the imminent transfer is completed.Everton begin their new season away at Crystal Palace on August 10. The first chance most of the fans will get to see Gbamin is at home against Watford a week later.last_img read more

Continue reading »

Country’s No. 1 JUCO DT Announces His Commitment

first_imgAn overhead view of Neyland Stadium.14 Nov 1998: An overall view from inside Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee during a game between the Tennessee Volunteers and the Arkansas Razorbacks. The Volunteers defeated the Razorbacks 28-24. Mandatory Credit: Tom Hauck /AllsportLackawanna Community College’s Savion Williams is the top defensive tackle in the junior college ranks. Now, he is off to the SEC.Williams is heading to Tennessee. The recruiting win comes head to head over division rival Georgia, which offered the big Maryland native on the same day earlier this month.Williams announced the decision via Twitter:This isn’t a 4 year decision.:..this is a life decision! COMMITTED. ❤️ #GBO ? pic.twitter.com/VmcHyZTwep— Qb’s Worst Nightmare? (@50reazons) July 31, 2018Savion Williams’ full note on the Tennessee commitment decision:“You know, just a couple years ago I was sitting in room think about how was gonna graduate.. I been through hell and back..and done seen some things that I’ll never forget but I always trusted god and stuck with him through all the hard times..my momma stuck with me through EVERYTHING and she felt like this was right..love you mama promise the struggle gonna end in a couple years. I’ve been praying for this moment all my life, my journey was different then others but I mad it happen..I’m a grinder and always will be..All thanks to the schools recruiting me and believing in my talent but without further or due..I’m blessed to say I’m committed to the University Of Tennessee!!!!!”Williams was originally a member of the 2017 recruiting class. After playing this past season at Lackawanna, he will have three years left to play.West Virginia was also involved in his recruitment. Maryland, NC State, Nebraska, and Pitt were among his other offers.247Sports’ composite rankings have him as the top JuCo defensive tackle, and the No. 17 overall JuCo player in the class. He is a three-star recruit.Williams is the 18th member of Tennessee’s 2019 class. The group is ranked fifth in the SEC and 13th overall right now.last_img read more

Continue reading »