Home » Posts tagged "爱上海DZ"

Hybrid wind-solar project in Minnesota may be perfect option for co-ops, municipalities

first_img FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Energy News Network:A trailblazing wind-solar hybrid project in western Minnesota could be a preview of what’s to come as renewable developers look for new ways to bolster projects.The project, developed and owned by Juhl Energy, is among the first of its kind in the country to pair wind and solar on the same site. A 2-megawatt turbine and 500-kilowatt solar installation share an inverter and grid connection, reducing equipment costs compared to two separate projects.The pairing is expected to start producing power this month. Lake Region Electric Cooperative in Pelican Rapids, about 30 miles north of Fergus Falls, will buy the power for its approximately 27,000 members.Juhl managing director Clay D. Norrbom said the plug-and-play nature of the system has attracted at least five other customers, including an industrial company in Iowa. Other customer prospects include cooperatives and municipally owned power providers in Minnesota, Wisconsin and Iowa. He predicts Juhl will build at least three this year.“It opens another market that quite frankly five, 10 or 15 years ago was not there,” Norrbom said. “You couldn’t supply to a municipal co-op. The scale and efficiency weren’t good enough to do that. Now you can go and supply at that distribution voltage something that’s price competitive to the end customers.”The hybrid offers an opportunity to increase capacity. Wind turbines operate at a 50 to 55 percent capacity, Norrbom said, while solar in the Midwest sits at 15 percent. By combining power from both sources, the hybrid reaches a capacity factor of 65 to 70 percent, Norrbom said, at a cost substantially less than what Lake Region pays for electricity from its transmission and generation provider Great River Energy. Juhl decided against adding storage due to cost and regulatory issues, both challenges he predicts will dissipate in the future.More: Wind-solar pairing cuts equipment costs while ramping up output Hybrid wind-solar project in Minnesota may be perfect option for co-ops, municipalitieslast_img read more

Continue reading »

October 5, 2018 Police Blotter

first_imgOctober 5, 2018 Police Blotter100518 Decatur County Fire Report100518 Decatur County Law Report100518 Decatur County Jail Report100518 Decatur County EMS Report100518 Batesville Police Blotterlast_img

Continue reading »

Celtic Bank Welcomes Mortgage Industry Veteran as New VP

first_img In Utah, “”Celtic Bank””:http://www.celticbank.com/ has hired a mortgage industry veteran as the company’s new vice president of business development. [IMAGE]The bank recently announced the appointment of Steven L. Mathews to the leadership role.[COLUMN_BREAK]Mathews joins Celtic from his previous position with “”Oce North America””:www.oce.com/, where he was the head of the small business administration unit. In addition, Mathews boasts more than 17 years of experience throughout the consumer and commercial lending sectors.””As one of the leaders in the SBA world, Celtic is often approached by quality candidates for our business development team. However, we don’t always encounter candidates of Mr. Mathews’ caliber. He’s one of those rare individuals in our industry who combines solid business practices with progressive thinking,”” noted Celtic’s senior vice president, Mike Endo.Salt Lake City-based Celtic provides small business, real estate, and construction loans around the U.S. Currently, the company is an Equal Housing, Preferred SBA, and FHA approved lender. Celtic Bank Welcomes Mortgage Industry Veteran as New VP in Data, Government, Origination, Secondary Market, Servicing, Technology June 22, 2012 439 Views center_img Agents & Brokers Attorneys & Title Companies Company News Investors Lenders & Servicers Processing Service Providers 2012-06-22 Abby Gregory Sharelast_img read more

Continue reading »