Home » Posts tagged "上海夜网CJ"

Mark Hughes hopes Stoke can atone for last defeat at Swansea

first_img He still reflects, though, that they would have finished eighth had it not been for the loss to Swansea, who ended up one place and two points better off than them. However, Hughes is in buoyant mood in terms of his team’s current form, having seen them pull off their first two league wins of the 2015-16 season in their last two games. As Stoke prepare to go in search of a first victory at Swansea since 1993, he said: “Our games against them, certainly in Wales, have been difficult, and we didn’t play particularly well against them last year. “We are looking to improve on that – looking back, that probably stopped us being in a position above them come the end of the season. “On reflection, we look back on that game and our performance with a little bit of regret. “But we are in good heart now, which is important when you go to places like Swansea, who are very strong at home ordinarily. “We just have to make sure we perform as we can and then I’m sure we will cause them problems.” With Stoke having recovered from their worst-ever start to a Premier League season by claiming back-to-back wins over Bournemouth and Aston Villa, Hughes admits the disruption to the momentum caused by the recent international break has been frustrating. The Potters, down to 10 men following Marc Wilson’s sending-off, were beaten 2-0 at the Liberty Stadium on May 2, the only defeat in their final seven games of last season. They concluded the campaign in ninth place in the Barclays Premier League, equalling their record-high finish they had achieved under Hughes a year earlier, and with a best-ever points haul of 54. But he accepts it is something all his fellow top-flight managers have to contend with as well, and is glad the Potters at least went into the break in decent shape. Hughes, the former Wales boss, said: “Once you get that rhythm of work at club level, the frustration is that you just start to get a little bit of momentum and then it can be disruptive when the players go away for 10, 12 days with an international group where they do different work and different intensity of work. “But it is frustrating for everyone, not just us, and thankfully we went into this last break in good heart having not been beaten for four games (in all competitions). That was encouraging for us.” Stoke boss Mark Hughes is looking ahead to Monday’s game at Swansea still feeling rueful about his side’s last trip there – as well as optimistic of a better result this time. Press Associationlast_img read more

Continue reading »

AFCON 2017:Libya removed as hosts

first_imgLibya have been removed as hosts of the 2017 African Nations Cup finals as ongoing fighting in the country delays plans to build new stadiums for the 16-team tournament.The Confederation of African Football are inviting new bidders for the tournament, it said on its Twitter account on Saturday, Reuters reports.Countries wishing to host the tournament have until Sept. 30 to send in expressions of interest, it added.Libya has endured weeks of recent chaos as the government struggles to control former rebel fractions who helped topple former leader Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.Libya were originally scheduled to hold the Nations Cup in 2013 but because of the civil war swapped with 2017 hosts South Africa.The oil-rich north African country had been planning to build 11 stadiums at a cost of $314m, including a showpiece new 60,000-seater Austrian-built stadium on the site of a former military camp in Tripoli. Benghazi and Misrata were also due for major stadiums.Libya’s government said last year it hoped the hosting of the Nations Cup would allow it to demonstrate that life had returned to normal in the country and encourage investors.last_img read more

Continue reading »

MAN CHARGED WITH MURDERS OF DONEGAL SCHOOLBOYS IN OMAGH BLAST

first_imgMurdered: Oran DohertyDETECTIVES investigating the murders of 29 people including three schoolboys from Buncrana have tonight charged a man in the North.Seamus Daly, from Culloville, County Monaghan, was arrested by PSNI serious crime branch detectives in Newry on Monday in relation to the 1998 Omagh bomb. He was one of four men ordered to pay more than £1.5m in damages to the victims’ families in a civil case.The Buncrana boys who died were Oran Doherty, James Barker and Sean McLaughlin.It was the worst atrocity of the Troubles and was carried out by dissident terrorists calling themselves the Real IRA.The Donegal boys were on a trip to Omagh the day of the bombing.Daly, 43, was tonight charged with the murders of 29 people.MAN CHARGED WITH MURDERS OF DONEGAL SCHOOLBOYS IN OMAGH BLAST was last modified: April 10th, 2014 by John2Share this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:buncranachargedOmagh bombSeamus Dalylast_img read more

Continue reading »