Home » Posts tagged "上海夜网HH"

Newcastle seal Mitrovic swoop

first_imgNewcastle have signed striker Aleksandar Mitrovic on a five-year deal from Anderlecht. “I am so happy to have signed for Newcastle. I visited the stadium yesterday and it’s amazing. I have played in a lot of impressive stadiums in my career but St. James’ Park is so big, I can’t wait to play my first game here. “I know how passionate the fans are. This is a club with a very big history and the fans are a big part of that.” In two seasons at Anderlecht, Mitrovic scored 36 goals in 69 games and won the Belgian Pro League title and Belgian Super Cup in 2014. He started his career at Serbian side Teleoptik and has one goal in 13 games for his country. Mitrović follows PSV Eindhoven midfielder Georginio Wijnaldum to St James’ Park and head coach Steve McClaren believes they have pulled off a coup. “I think this is a fantastic signing for us. We’ve fought off a lot of competition to secure a top young talent in Europe,” he said. “Aleksandar is someone who can develop with the team and someone who will help us to get to where we want to go. “As a board we have worked hard to make it happen. It’s another demonstration that we are wanting to push on.” The 20-year-old arrives subject to receiving the appropriate visa in a deal the club claims is the fourth biggest in their history. The Serbia international said: “There will be pressure here, for sure, but I like pressure. I also know about the famous players who have played for Newcastle United, like Alan Shearer who is a hero of mine. I hope I can play like him for this club. It will be an honour.” center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Continue reading »

FIFA tells Iran it is time to allow women into stadiums

first_imgBy Brian HomewoodZURICH, Switzerland (Reuters) – FIFA president Gianni Infantino has told Iran it is time to allow women into football stadiums and the global soccer body expects “positive developments”, starting with their next home match in October.While foreign women have been allowed limited access to matches, Iranian women have been banned from stadiums when men’s teams have been playing, since just after the 1979 Islamic revolution.Infantino said in a FIFA statement he was hopeful that the Iranian football federation and government authorities had been receptive to “our repeated calls to address this unacceptable situation”. He added, “Our position is clear and firm. Women have to be allowed into football stadiums in Iran. Now is the moment to change things and FIFA is expecting positive developments starting in the next Iran home match in October.”Iran, who have qualified for five World Cup finals, including each of the last two, host Cambodia on October 10 in their first home game of the 2022 qualifying competition. This month, a female fan died after setting herself on fire to protest against her arrest for attending a match.Sahar Khodayari, dubbed ‘Blue Girl’ for the colours of her favourite team, Esteghlal, died in hospital after her self-immolation outside a court where she feared being jailed for six months, having attended the match in disguise as a man.Khodayari’s death has caused widespread outrage in Iran and internationally, prompting calls on social media for Iran’s football federation to be suspended or banned by FIFA.Critics say FIFA’s own statutes hold discrimination on grounds of gender punishable by suspension or expulsion. There were signs the situation regarding female fans in Iran was changing when a group of women got permission to attend the second leg of the Asian Champions League final in Tehran last November, a match where Infantino was present.Female fans, however, have been denied access to matches since. At Iran’s friendly against Syria in June, women were locked out of the Azadi Stadium and detained by security forces. Infantino said a FIFA delegation was now in Iran. “I am looking forward to hearing good news from them,” he said.last_img read more

Continue reading »

Atletico Madrid president talks up return of Diego Costa

first_imgEnrique Cerezo has refused to rule out the possibility of Diego Costa one day returning to Atletico Madrid as “players go back sometimes”.The President appeared to close the door on the Chelsea striker last month, but he has since changed his stance in the wake of reports linking the player with a move back to the Vicente Calderon and Jackson Martinez heading the opposite way.“After what happened in Lisbon a couple of seasons ago ago, we’ve all set [the Champions League final] as a target to reach,” he told TVE.“Cholo [Simeone] will be here for as long as he wants. I think we have a coach who will manage us for a long time and become a very important part of the club’s history. [Costa] is now a Chelsea player and has to think about Chelsea, but there are things which happen in football and no-one knows why. Players go back sometimes.“[Antoine] Griezmann is enjoying his football here, in front of fans who love and admire him, living in Madrid and everything which comes with playing for Atletico Madrid.”OPINION This is interesting indeed. Taken in isolation, the bland statement that “players go back sometimes” would mean little, but in this context – with Cerezo talking candidly about his club’s plans for the future – it feels far more weighty than it otherwise would.We can also assume a fairly strong relationship between Atletico and Chelsea – as evidenced by Thibaut Courtois’s loan spell, for example – will make this move more likely. All that said, don’t expect anything to happen any time soon: Chelsea are still fighting for their lives, and losing a man who is their most potent goalscorer (once he recovers his form) is hardly the way to boost their hopes.–last_img read more

Continue reading »